EVENT RECAP: PHOTO SHOOT FOR A CURE, SEPTEMBER 9, 2017
• On September 9th, 2017, photographers, artists, hair stylists, make up artists, individuals and businesses from all over Boston came together for one night, for one purpose: to speed a cure for Parkinson’s disease. The party raised over $30,000 for The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
• The party took place at District Hall in Boston’s Innovation District and featured photo shoots, makeovers, a Silent Auction, photo and art galleries, appetizers, music and more.
• Make up was provided by the Sephora Prudential Center, hair styling was provided by James Joseph Salons, and manicures were provided by Polished Nail Boutique.
• The party featured photo shoots by Diana Levine, Dave Green, Will Mann, and Christina Cobb. Event photographers included Gail Achin, Erin Boulanger, Brian Lauritsen, and Natasha Moustache. The party was filmed by video producer & editor Mark Gilday Jr.
• The party featured a pop up gallery of photos from Following//Boston, with 100% of photo sales going to The Michael J. Fox Foundation. The gallery was framed by Big Picture Framing, which featured work from photographers Oscar Alvarez, Erin Defuria, Susan Flaherty, Michael Kalish, William Mann, Teron Nezwek, and Saili K. Travel.
• The party also included a photo booth from Leica Store Boston, and a showcase of artwork from The Art Cart, featuring the work of James Hurley Bruno, an artist living with Parkinson’s.
• The Silent Auction included items from: The Red Sox, The Celtics, Johnny Cupcakes, Volante Farms, Christopher Kimball’s Milk Street, Hunt’s Photo & Video, Leica Store Boston, Big Picture Framing, New England Aquarium, ICA Boston, Rule Boston Camera, Flour Bakery + Cafe, Wahlburgers, Not Your Average Joes, Yotel Boston, Lovepop, Bombas, Bantam Bagels, Craft Beer Cellar Fort Point, and many more.
• Speakers included: Diana Levine, producer of Photo Shoot for a Cure; Cindy Bittker, Diana Levine’s Mom; Dr. Kara Smith, neurologist at Parkinson’s disease and Movement Disorders Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center; Morgan Bell, District Representative, Congressman Moulton’s office; Rick Batycyk, Chief Technology Officer, Acorda Therapeutics, Michelle Woodbrey, 2Sisters Senior Living Advisors; and Clare VanMeter, The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
• The September 9th party was sponsored by:
Platinum: Voyager Therapeutics, District Hall, and Acorda Therapeutics
Gold: Quincy Hearing, Acadia Pharmaceuticals, and 2 Sisters Senior Living Advisors
Silver: Viacord, Pfizer, AbbVie, Sephora, James Joseph Salon, and Polished Nail Boutique
Gold: Newtonville Camera, South Boston Community Health Center Seaport, Classic Communications, Lundbeck, Hunt’s Photo & Video, Leica Store Boston, Big Picture Framing, Levine Dispute Resolution Center, Rock Steady Boxing Metrowest Boston, Staples Fresh Pond Mall, AdoramaPix + Wells Financial Partners LLC
• Photo Shoot for a Cure is produced by advertising and editorial photographer Diana Levine, inspired by her Mom, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease 12 years ago. Diana’s clients include Rolling Stone, Billboard, Converse, Boston Globe Magazine and MTV, and has photographed Alicia Keys, Kim Kardashian, Barack Obama, New Kids on the Block, Hanson, One Direction, Elvis Costello, Ludacris, Billy Corgan, Ed Sheeran, and John Legend among others.
• To date, Photo Shoot for a Cure has raised over $40,000 for The Michael J. Fox Foundation.
• Contact: Diana Levine, firstname.lastname@example.org | photoshootforacure.com